HELEN HAYES HOSPITAL PRESENTS NATIONAL PHYSICAL THERAPY MONTH COMMUNITY HEALTH FORUMOctober 7, 2015
Tuesday, October 20, 215
Helen Hayes Hospital in West Haverstraw, NY will host a special Community Health Forum in Honor of National Physical Therapy Month 2015 on Tuesday, October 20th from 9am to 1pm in the hospital’s Noyes Conference Center. This special program will offer free assessments and information to community members, including:
- Posture assessments and corrective exercise tips
- Information on the Lifeline Medical Alert System for home safety
- Information for Parkinson’s Disease patients on how LSVT BIG and PWR can improve balance and functional mobility
- Cane and walker assessments and adjustments
- Information about senior exercise programs offered in Rockland County
- Home fall assessment questionnaires and safety tips
National Physical Therapy Month is recognized each October to celebrate the tremendous benefit physical therapy and physical therapists have on the lives of rehabilitation patients. In 2015, National Physical Therapy Month will focus on healthy aging, raising awareness that physical therapists can help individuals maintain mobility and independence as they age.
The HHH Community Health Forum is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, participants can contact Colleen Connaughton, PT at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-786-4617.