Adapted Sports DatesJune 6, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Mary M. Creagh
May 28, 2013 (845) 786-4225
HOSPITAL ANNOUNCES ADAPTED SPORTS EVENTS
The Helen Hayes Hospital Adapted Sports &Recreation Program announces a schedule of upcoming activities. Prior experience is not required and participants will receive instruction from trained and certified instructors and therapists, who take into account individual needs and abilities. Adaptive equipment is available and used as necessary for all activities. Most activities are free of charge.
Pre-reistration is required for all programs.
- Gardening: June 1 Location: Helen Hayes Hospital, MacArthur Park
- GolfAbility: June 3, 10, 17, 24, July 1 & 8 Location: Helen Hayes Hospital GolfAbility Center
- Handcycling: June 6, July 11 August 15, September 5 @ Rockland Lake, Congers, NY
June 25, August 1, August 27 @ Heritage Trail, Chester, NY
- Softball: June 12 & September 11 Location: Helen Hayes Hospital
- Fishing: June 29 Location: Ber Mountain, NY
- Waterskiing: July 18 & August 22 Location: Sandy Hook, CT
- Paintball: July 20 Location: Middletown, NY
- Kayaking: July 23rd and August 8th Location: Stony Point, NY
- Glider Planes: September 20 Location: Blairstown, NJ
- Adapted Yoga Ongoing series of six week sessions –Call for schedule Location: HHH
The Helen Hayes Hospital Adapted Sports & Recreation Program is dedicated to enabling individuals of all abilities to pursue competitive and recreational sports and activities. Such activities speed the recovery process, improve and maintain health and conditioning and foster socialization and camaraderie. The program is a Chapter of Disabled Sports USA and also a registered Paralympic Club.
For additional information, or to register for any program, contact Matthew Castelluccio, Adapted Sports Coordinator at 845-786-4950, or via email him at firstname.lastname@example.org