Posted on: July 20, 2020
Helen Hayes Hospital, a specialty physical rehabilitation acute care hospital located in Rockland County, PFI 0775, plans to resume its hospital limited visitation program on July 21, 2020 under the following guidelines:
Patient visitation will be permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Visitation is not permitted for patients who are COVID-19 positive, patients with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, and patients in a 14-day quarantine period.
Visitors are limited to one person per patient per day.
All visitors must be greater than 18 years of age.
Upon the visitor’s arrival at the hospital’s south entrance, a hospital staff member will conduct a COVID-19 symptom and temperature check of the visitor, including questions regarding travel.
- A visitor will be denied entry to the hospital if they report significant COVID-19 exposure or symptoms during the prior 14 days or have a temperature equal to or greater than 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Visitation is restricted for individuals who have had international travel within the last 14 days or individuals from or who have traveled from restricted states as per the New York State Department of Health’s travel advisory.
The hospital will provide the visitors with written information and/or discuss the potential risks and benefits of the visitor’s presence with the visitor and, depending upon the patient’s condition, the patient.
Visitors will be provided with and must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as recommended by the Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention throughout their visit.
Visitors will be advised on how to perform meticulous hand hygiene and how to wear the PPE and must adhere to such procedures.
Visitors who fail to wear a face mask and other PPE will be asked to leave the hospital.
Visitors will remain in the patient’s room throughout the visit except when directed by hospital staff to leave the room.
The hospital’s electronic visitor management program will be used to collect and maintain the name and contact information for visitors, the date(s) of their visits and the name of the patient(s) visited.
Welcome to Helen Hayes Hospital.
Please note that although we realize the benefit of your visit to our patient, we require that you follow the rules that we have developed. These rules were established with an abundance of caution to ensure the safety of all patients, families and staff.
Please have your driver’s license available for check in.
Visitors will be required to provide contact information including name and telephone number, as per the New York State Department of Health mandate.
Potential risks and benefits of visitation are as follows:
- Risk: COVID-19 is a contagious disease. It spreads quickly and can be dangerous, especially to people who are seriously ill or living with chronic conditions. A person can have COVID-19 with mild symptoms and unknowingly spread it to others.
If you are experiencing any signs of any illness do not visit.
- Benefit of Visitation: Comfort and encouragement.
Visiting hours start promptly at 5:00 p.m. and end promptly at 7:00 p.m. three days a week: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
The following safety protocols have been put in place in order to best protect our patients, staff and families. We are happy to welcome visitors back to Helen Hayes Hospital and we appreciate your patience, understanding and cooperation.
- Upon entering the hospital you will screened for symptoms and temperature.
- If you have traveled to one of the states that have significant community spread, you must not visit as the risk to your loved one can be devastating.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted.
- Visitors must follow New York State guidelines and maintain social distancing (6 feet apart) and must also follow all staff instructions regarding specific precautions for each patient.
- Visitors will be issued a new surgical face mask that must be worn throughout their time at the hospital.
- Visitors are required to stay in the patient’s room at all times during visitation and must not remove their surgical face mask for any reason.
- When visiting hours are over, all visitors must promptly leave the hospital.
If you fail to follow any of these instructions, you will be asked to leave the hospital and will not be permitted to visit.