Stroke Rehabilitation at Helen Hayes HospitalMay 19, 2014
Stroke Rehabilitation at HHH includes both inpatient and outpatient services, offering a continuum of care from the acute Inpatient Neurology program to our Outpatient Neurology services.
When patients are admitted to Helen Hayes Hospital, we are proud to be able to provide a full range of rehabilitative services that are unique to their personal circumstances. Our goal is to enable the patient to return to their active lives and regain their independence.
Besides treating the patient, we also aim at educating the family and encouraging them to participate in the rehabilitation process.
Some specialized and innovative clinical services we provide:
– State-of-the-Art therapeutic equipment such as:
– FES bike
– Locomotor Treadmill Training
– Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation for speech and swallowing, including Vitalstim
– FEES (Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing)
– MBSS (Modified Barium Swallow Study)
– I-Pad Tablet applications to improve swallowing, speech, language, and cognitive-communication skills
– Saebo Rejoyce
– Mirror Box Therapy and Graded Motor Imagery
– Home and Food Management
– Adapted Driving Program
– Aquatic Therapy
– Adapted Sports
– Center for Rehabilitation Technology
– Stroke Support Group
More information programs can be found on the Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation page of the Helen Hayes Hospital website.
-Anna Branquinho, OTR/L & Lauren Carlino, DPT
Stroke Rehabilitation Team